Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fuck you whale!

To kick off, I don’t have anything against fat people. I don’t judge people based on their appearance. I judge people based on their actions. That’s what gets me. How people behave in any given situation. That being said, let’s assume that someone has made the huge mistake of inviting me to dinner, or lunch, or any event, really, that involves a group of people eating together and conversing at the same time. And here I am, all dressed up, cleaned up, and hopefully sober, at a fancy restaurant. I sit down, and start to talk with some of the people there. We joke and laugh, and cheer. We mirthfully jest and everybody is having fun. There’s a young woman on the table with me. And she is fucking huge. But hey, like I said, it’s all good. I don’t mind a rotund female, once in a while, just as a reminder of who is going to be giving me the time of the day, if I ever start playing World of Warcraft again. A little healthy motivation, if you will. I sense her spider tinkling sensation going all ape-shit as soon as the food approaches. But lo and behold she doesn’t grab that shit like her life depended on it. She slices her food as if she was performing lobotomy on an angel. She takes small bites, one after another, until almost half of it is gone. Then she stops. Says something about figure and restrain. I mean, come on. Who are you trying to fool here? The only figure you know is the figure of speech, ‘Stuffing your face’. And restrain? You need physical restrain not to eat a Big Mac, dowsed in arsenic. Why the hypocrisy and the self-denial? Be honest with who you truly are, flaws and all, and then you’ll realize what’s wrong and what needs fixing. We pretend so much, that we forget who we truly are. We rehearse our dialogues and we put on make-up. We cast friends and lovers, photograph our homes. And we wait for the Premiere of our lives. But it never comes. And we wait. Pretending.

1 comment:

  1. My spider-sense is tingling, informing me that I'm in the presence of a cynical mind.

    I find that unless you know someone really well, you're never in a good position to judge them (thanks Captain Obvious).

    Sometimes things like this are for the best, a defense mechanism of sorts. Maybe it's better to live a life in blissful denial, than accept your shortcomings and succumb to misery (if you're a weak minded person this can easily occur).

    I do agree with you though, hypocrisy is rife in our world. But every case is different, and I always like to get to the bottom of things before I start to piece things together.

    Funny post by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete